Friday, February 18, 2011

Why do children love to pack things?

Here is the end result from the Massey Ball lol and my neighbors skill at tieing a tie.

2011-02-12_8


Why is it that children (or maybe just my children) love to pack things into bigger things? Skylar comes dragging a really heavy little bag full of Aidan's cars & trains into the kitchen this morning and says "it's too heavy, you take it" She is so adorable! I find toys and cars and hair clips shoved into purses and backpacks and boxes all over the house. I find at least one surprise daily around here. She gets into my Tupperware drawer and pulls them all out and will leave them all around the house with trains in them. Have you ever stepped on a metal Thomas The Train? They hurt! I think they hurt worse at 1am on your way to the bathroom. :)

For Christmas, Skylar got a pack of Toy Story Characters (the good guys) and they are miniature (about 2 1/2" tall) and she plays with them all day everyday. She transfers them from one box to another purse, I find them stuck on top of the windows where they lock! It has Buzz and Woody, Jesse, Bullseye, Barbie and Ken (even though he came in the bad guy pack she thinks he's a good guy) and as soon as she leaves them somewhere she's crying for me to find them again. Well we lost Bullseye. The horse I'm sure is hiding in a couch cushion somewhere or under a shoe, or in a shoe probably! I find toys in my shoes by the font door.

to be continued.. (someone is having a 3 year old tantrum at the moment)

2 comments:

  1. My daughters love to carry around little toys and they are also constantly losing them! Just once, I wish they'd latch on to something that's a little easier to find. :} My almost 3 year old is always saying, "Mommy, can you find my (fill in the blank with the latest small toy)?". We've gotten into Squinkies a bit. It's always bad news when those get lost. Not only are they tiny, but they bounce! Not a good combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love the "mommy can you find my...." I hear it all day every day around here! :)

    ReplyDelete